3. The air filter and sock must be installed per factory
4. The engine must have a key way as installed by factory on the flywheel
5. Any engine can be claimed by a racer in the field after qualifying or race
6. Claim price $150.00/engine maybe claimed after races
7. Probation if caught cheating, 1st offense NO Pay out for 6 races.
Second offense suspended for 1 Year
8. Oil sensor maybe removed or disconnected
9. You may disconnect throttle stop screw
10. Factory gas tank must be removed
11. Must run Drum style Clutch
12. You can only bolt on Chainguard, gas tank (floorboard),
fuel pump, top plat, and weenie pipe no other aftermarket parts
13. Open Tire
14. Weight is 375
You cannot run a clutch over a 20 and a gear under a 53.
Age 5-7 Weight 250
AKRA Box St CloneSmall pipe w/red plate
2016 AKRA approved Flywheel & Shoe Clutch
Tires must have no more then 10 psi and no larger then 35 inch in diameter
Gear Rule: 12/67
Gulf Coast Raceway 2019 Rules
1. All stock classes will be governed by the 2019 A.K.R.A.Tech Manual and all Stock Appearing classes will have a stock appearing 5hp engines and carburetors. No additives or nitro allowed. Alcohol fuel will be checked in all classes. Stock Appearing, Open Classes, & Limiteds MUST have a Scattershield, or a Billet Flywheel.
2. Safety Equipment is Mandatory..Helmets-(Snell Approved Preferred), Racing Suit or Jacket and Long Pants, Neck Brace. Gloves are optional but we prefer you wear them For your SAFETY.
3. If you want to be scored your kart MUST have VISIBLE numbers in the front and the left and right side and a BACK PLATE.No more than 2 digits, unless previously authorized. In case of identical numbers, the person with the number seniority will get to keep their original number, and the other persons will have to change to a new number. This is for your benefit, when it comes to scoring you don't want anyone to mistake your number for someone else's and risk the chance of losing your correct place in line.
4. ALL WEIGHTS MUST BE DOUBLE NUTTED OR COTTER PINNED. All weights MUST be painted WHITE. All headers will be washered and stock collared. All karts must be lock nutted, double nutted, or cotter keyed.
5. Fighting, the use of Alcohol and/or Drugs are PROHIBITED. Any driver found abusing this rule will be disqualified for the day or night and will be told to leave the premises and face a $100.00 fine and the driver will not be able to race for 2 race nights. Rain outs DO NOT count. The driver will not be able to race until the fine is paid. On the 2nd offense you will be barred permanently. No Alcohol will be tolerated in the pit areas. Anyone caught abusing this rule will be asked to leave the premises and if need be will be escorted off by a Law Enforcement Officer.
6. "Driver Is Responsible" for his/her actions as well as the action of his/her pit crew. This goes for minors as well. Parents please take note of this. You could be the cause of your young driver being disqualified.
7. Abusive Language or gestures toward anybody WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If this involves a drivers pit crew the driver can immediately be disqualified and will be told to leave. A fine of $50.00 will be charged and the driver will not be permitted to race again until paid.
8. Any discretion maybe discussed in an orderly manner with officials but, with the knowledge that the official has the final say. This will be done at the END of the race night.
9. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR KART IN THE PITS. Shut your motor off at the scales and then push it back to your pit area. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be a $25.00 fine PAYABLE IMMEDIATELY.
10. There is NO tire rule.
11. No Roll-Bars or cages allowed on your go-karts. (Champ Kart Only)
12. You will draw a number to line up for the 8 lap heat race.
13. Feature line up is based on how you finish in the heat race. Feature race will be 12 laps. Feature race will determine the winners for the night. In case of rain after the heat race and before the feature event the heat race will determine the End-of-Night Racing Results.
14. Driver meetings are MANDATORY. If you DO NOT ATTEND then you WILL NOT have any rights for an argument later if it pertains to something mentioned at the drivers meeting.
15. Check your weight BEFORE you qualify. You will be asked to weigh immediately after you qualify. If you are light you will start on the rear of your heat race.
16. We will follow the 2018 A.K.R.A. Rules. ? internet changes will be accepted.
17. In the event of a Red Flag after the first lap, scoring will revert back to the last completed lap. "ALL KARTS MUST COME TO A COMPLETE STOP ON A RED FLAG!" Failure to do so will send you to the rear.
18. Kart jumping the start twice will be sent to the rear.
19. We will have 1 double start. In the event that you don't get started you will go the a single file start. (from original line up). After second start any karts involved in wreck will go to the rear. This does not apply to the beginner classes. Any kart stalling on the track while still under power to intentionally bring out a caution will go to the rear on your 1st offense, on the 2nd offense you will be black flagged. A kart causing two (2) cautions or two (2) restarts will be black flagged.
20. There will be NO more practicing or checking your kart behind another class. There are at least two (2) practice sessions a night and you must use this opportunity to correct any problems you may have.
21. There will be NO Checkered, Red Finishes. We will go back to a Green, White, Chechered Flag Finish. We will revert back to the last completed lap to line you up for the remaining laps. Remember there is a 15 minute time limit on all Feature Races. If an accident occurs during the White Flag Lap there will be a Checkered, Caution finish.
22. During a race there is to be NO one on the track but the track officials. Make sure your pit crew is aware of this rule. You could be disqualified if they get on the track during a race.
23. In the event of multiple cautions in any class, the Heat Race will be shortened to 6 laps and the Feature race will be shortened to 10 laps.
24. You must enter the race with a full tank of fuel. There will be NO refueling during any race. If you choose to do so, you will be asked to go to the rear.
25. Working on your kart while on the track is PROHIBITED. If you do so you will be BLACK FLAGGED. You must leave the track and return to the pit area for any repairs. If you return to the pit area at any time during the race you may return to the track when it is safe to do so. You will AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE REAR.
26. Do not assume any item or rule is legal because specific reference is not made to it in the Tech Manual or Rule Book. Ask either the Race Director or the Tech Director for clarification on any item or rule that you do not understand.
27. All 1st place winners will be spot checked each race night unless there is an official protest.
28. All rules are to apply to each competitor EQUALLY. Track officials will adhere to these rules. If a problem occurs during a race and the race has already been completed, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO RE-RUN A RACE. Every effort will be made to insure that the problem does not happen again. We welcome your comments and suggestions as long as they are made in a calm and rational manner.
29. No extra people are allowd in the Flag Stand or in the Scoring Tower. This is to insure proper scoring. If you have any questions, comments, or if you need to sign up to race as a late entry please, wait until scoring is finished to insure that everyone gets scored properly.
30. When the racers on the track take two (2) to go flag the next class should be on the grid and ready to go. If you are not there you will start on the rear. Please pay careful attention to the line up board as it will show your racing order. If there are any changes to be made please let someone know as soon as possible. If there are any major problems with your class not being ready, then please notify us as soon as possible so as to not delay other classes.
31. There WILL NOT be anymore Hot Laps. Come out onto the track in order, stay grouped up and accelerate only after the Green flag is given. If a problem presents itself on the track the flagman will let you know what to do. (Stop, Hot Laps, Reline-up, Single-File, ect.). Flagman starts the race. When you see one to go hold your pace till you enter the cones on the front straight away and flagman drops the green flag.
32. If any driver pulls off the track and removes their racing gear, they will be considered FINISHED for that particular event.
33. The Tech Director will check any item be decides to look at. Refusal to allow him to check any item contemplates suspicion on your part as being illegal. You will be disqualified for a win.
34. When a driver moves up to a particular class they may not move back down. A driver CANNOT move up to an adult class until after their 15th birthday.
35. The only complete Tear Down will be done by the track if so deemed necessary or if someone has protested a motor within the specified amount of time in writing with the correct amouont of money.
36. PROTESTING: (1) Must be made by a driver from the same class in writing. Paper and pen will be furnished at the SCALES. If protester is under age 18 parents must accompany them. (2) Protest or counter protest must be made within 10 minutes after Feature Race ends. (3) Tech Inspector ONLY will check motors. Only 1 person from each side allowed in the Tech Area during tesr down. (4) Protested could run the risk of being asked to tear down also before checking the one protested. (5) Tear down fees must be paid up front. (6) Fees: Complete Tear Down $100.00 Short Block $75.00 Carb.& Head $50.00 Carb. only $35.00 Flywheel & Ignition $25.00 Restrictor Plate $20.00. If driver is illegal $80.00 goes to the protester. If driver is legal he gets $80.00. Tech get $20.00
37. Points go to the Driver not the kart. This means if you don't race your kart one night and someone else does, you will not receive any points that night.
38. Any rings found broken during Tech Inspection are not considered illegal as long as they contain all the pieces. (Complete set of rings)
39 After caution we go back to the last completed lap.
40 If you are Black Flagged from a feature race you will receive last place points of the night.
41. All fines paid will be added to the points fund.
42. If there is an altercation between drivers on the track and one gets out of his kart he will be DQ'ed and asked to leave the property. If anyone besides the officials get on the track during this time they will also be DQ'ed. This goes for fathers with minor children racing. That minor will be DQ'ed and asked to leave.
For Info Phone 251- 986-5502 For Dean. For Tech Phone